Title: Job Coach
Employer: New Haven Works, Inc.
Location: New Haven, CT
Deadline to apply: September 28, 2018
New Haven Works, Inc., a nonprofit in New Haven, CT. New Haven Works provides job placement assistance to New Haven residents, ensures that local employers have access to qualified candidates, and is a resource to the workforce development community of South Central Connecticut. New Haven Works seeks to build a middle class in an urban center and improve economic stability in all New Haven communities by providing employers with a qualified workforce and connecting New Haven residents to good jobs.
The Job Coach reports to the Staff and Program Manager and provides comprehensive case management for individual member needs and employer expectations. They will work with staff to provide case management for applicants, referred candidates and placements; develop programming for members and applicants; communicate with Employers and Service Providers and ensure the accuracy of all data for performance measurements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a list of referred and open job postings at partner employers, as assigned by manager
- Coordinate with New Haven Works staff to identify opportunities for internships, on-the-job training, and regular jobs and to interpret the necessary skills and qualifications for job descriptions and postings
- Communicate regularly with Employer Human Resources personnel about job postings and New Haven Works candidates
- Provide the assessment, matching, preparation and tracking of New Haven Works candidates for applications to job postings (e.g. skills & work experience assessment, pre-employment screening, resume feedback)
- Develop placement plans and prepare New Haven Works candidates for job applications and interviews
- Provide referrals to resources to overcome barriers to retention
- Develop a retention plan with placements, employers, and New Haven Works staff
- Ensure the accuracy of all data for performance measurements
- Maintain paper and computer files on participants with all required documentation necessary for case management and funding reporting requirements
- Perform other duties as necessary to meet program outcomes
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- City of New Haven resident or willingness to move to New Haven within three months of position commencement
- Bachelor’s Degree; or 3+ years of job recruitment/placement, career counseling, case management or related experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience working with and motivating individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively present nuanced information with clarity and confidence
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, Gmail and other Google applications
- Ability to work some Saturdays and evenings
- Highly motivated, goal oriented and capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Outgoing personality with the ability to work with the general public
- Team oriented, patient, and flexible
- A desire to make a meaningful impact on people’s lives
- Commitment to assisting New Haven residents of diverse backgrounds to achieve success in their professional lives
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience working in the custodial and/or building maintenance fields or with clients who work in these fields
- Familiarity with CRM or other database platforms
- Knowledge of regional social services resource
This is a full-time position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
New Haven Works is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter and a writing sample (3 pages maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 28, 2018.