To join New Haven Works, you must attend an open orientation.
To become a member of New Haven Works please attend one of our orientations which take place the first Saturday of the month at our office, 205 Whitney Ave. Orientations are limited to 25 people and are conducted on a first come / first serve basis. You must bring all required documents (see “What to bring” below) in order to attend orientation. If you do not bring the required documentation, you will not be able to attend an orientation.
The orientation is scheduled to start at 9:00am. However, we will begin once 25 New Haven residents arrive with all appropriate documents. Recently, orientations have filled up by 7:00am, so we suggest you arrive early in order to secure a spot.
What to Bring:
- Photo ID with New Haven Address
- If Photo ID does not have a New Haven Address, proof of New Haven residency is required (utility bill in your name, copy of a rental lease, or other government issued mail)
- Proof of employment eligibility (social security card, green card, permanent resident card, US birth certificate, or US passport)
- New Haven Resident (see proof of New Haven residency above)
- 18 or Older
- High School Diploma or GED
- Eligibility to Work in the U.S.